Digging out old armies for 9e

Plasman

Figured I might not be the only one looking into his dusty, unloved mandoll armies with a new edition on the horizon. Why not share what you've got and found?

I've had a small (600pts?) IG force sharing my army bag with my WFB Lizardmen army (guess how much I've used them in the last 4 years? hint, none). I was surprised when I went looking in my assembly box that I still have a double handful of metal not-Soviets guardsmen models and two squads of stormtroopers I clean forgot about! Also have two flavours of 3rd party minis for guardsmen squads, 3 jeep model kit conversions half finished, an aerosan conversion on the go... Plenty to do before 9e drops! I don't think I've touched a tabletop since 6e, though working fly in fly out and moving to a rural town hasn't helped either.

Edited by Plasman

4 hours ago, Rabid_Wombat said:

The new Primaris force in 9th would be a pretty cool army combined with the 8th Edition guys...if it's under $250 I'm gonna pick it up.

I'd be surprised if it was under that.  But we will have to wait and see.  If it's under $250, I'll definitely be picking up at least 2 sets.

I have my Stella Skulls Chaos Marines, which i'm considering working on, as i have a conversion itch at the moment. I also have my Light Warriors Space Marine Chapter that needs painting and my Inquisition/Grey Knights which need finishing. I have a space wolf army too that i want to sell, but also don't want to sell made up of mostly terminators. I also have plans to re-acquire my old Ork army from my little brother.

On 14 June 2020 at 7:06 PM, Krefey said:

I'd be surprised if it was under that.  But we will have to wait and see.  If it's under $250, I'll definitely be picking up at least 2 sets.

Yeah, sadly it looks like you're right. Seen some people saying it could be $300+ and it looks like it will be a limited release too..

https://spikeybits.com/2020/06/rumors-9th-edition-40k-indomitus-box-set-price-cost.html

Edited by Rabid_Wombat

9 hours ago, Rabid_Wombat said:

Yeah, sadly it looks like you're right. Seen some people saying it could be $300+ and it looks like it will be a limited release too..

https://spikeybits.com/2020/06/rumors-9th-edition-40k-indomitus-box-set-price-cost.html

Time will tell.  Should find out soon enough.  It doesn't come with any rulers, dice etc, so it's aimed at existing gamers more than new to the game ones.

13 hours ago, Krefey said:

Time will tell.  Should find out soon enough.  It doesn't come with any rulers, dice etc, so it's aimed at existing gamers more than new to the game ones.

That and GW a) want to sell us better stuff separately, and b) know nobody uses the jank in the starter(esque) boxes anyway, so they're saving a buck

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Rabid_Wombat said:

Looks like it's going to be around $350-$400. Damn son :classic_blink:

Compared to their normal army starter sets, $200 per faction in this set... Well it's the normal insane, not extra insane...

Edited by Plasman
  • Thanks 1

So I've thrown together 500pts of IG and (lizardmen)orks so that me and a mate who haven't played 40k in about 7 years can have a scratch game. Gave him the instruction to go spend minimal cash at a $2 shop to buy whatever shitty terrain he could... and I'm pretty bloody impressed what he delivered for the price and crapness!

107693214_3110802112302460_730914711974200381_n.thumb.jpg.ff1aa103eeea41f5aa0f8dc9e14b2c9c.jpg

• Like 2