August Hobby comp - quotes

Krefey

This month's hobby comp subject as chosen by Korocite is "quotes" - e.g. Joseph Stalin quote, “Quantity has a quality all its own” 

Rules:

- Post a pic of what you're attempting to paint with the date next to it and the quote you're working to

- complete painting the work by the 28th of August for voting.

- Submit a picture of completed work

As Krefey mentioned, my chosen quote is from Joseph Stalin, “Quantity has a quality all its own”. I’m taking it very literally. Though they are not Russians, I am attempting to paint up all the storm troopers I have from various imperial assault sets. That’s thirty in total.

349A2206-9F58-48D8-A7B8-39DBCAC5D0B9.jpeg

Edited by korocite
  • Like 1

Ok for a historical to join in? I've always enjoyed viewing these challenges since begun, and I really liked the quote idea. I have a group of part-painted 20mm Westphalian Napoleonics (mostly conversions from other nations) that I am assembling for FoGN 2. I began them but soon ran out of steam and desire. Putting this here will hopefully shame me into finishing them so I can move on to the next formation. My quote is from Robert William Service: "There's a race of men that don't fit in,/A race that can't stay still;/So they break the hearts of kith and kin,/And they roam the world at will."

20mm Westphalian Napoleonics.jpg

• Like 2

“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” -Samwise Gamgee

Lord of the Rings might as well just be one big quote (imo). But i think this is one of the most meaningful. Pic uploaded. Looks like I'll need to strip Frodo first.

I'm actually looking forward to this one. 😁

20200804_192908.jpg

Edited by Gamoholic
Uploading Pic

8 minutes ago, Kn'Thrak said:

Alright. I'm stuck. Either I stick with what I posted above, or I pull something random and old out of the collection to do with a quote of "Our last, best hope for peace" 

Opinion? 

Random is good. What would you prefer to put on display?

20 minutes ago, Kn'Thrak said:

Alright. I'm stuck. Either I stick with what I posted above, or I pull something random and old out of the collection to do with a quote of "Our last, best hope for peace" 

Opinion? 

Do your Timber Wolf "Look at the size of that thing!" - Wedge Antilles

1 hour ago, Kn'Thrak said:

Opinion? 

I’m interested to see Craftworld M’eh, but it’s always fun to go searching for something in the odds and ends collection. Pretty much a win/win situation.

Re. b20f08 and the question  regarding historical minis, absolutely yes. I think the idea is to get stuff painted rather than what it is that gets painted. 

1 hour ago, b20f08 said:

Ok for a historical to join in? I've always enjoyed viewing these challenges since begun, and I really liked the quote idea. I have a group of part-painted 20mm Westphalian Napoleonics (mostly conversions from other nations) that I am assembling for FoGN 2. I began them but soon ran out of steam and desire. Putting this here will hopefully shame me into finishing them so I can move on to the next formation. My quote is from Robert William Service: "There's a race of men that don't fit in,/A race that can't stay still;/So they break the hearts of kith and kin,/And they roam the world at will."

Yeah mate, as korocite said, this is all about helping motivate people to get stuff painted.  The themes are generally open to interpretation so you can choose and paint whatever you want 🙂

21 hours ago, korocite said:

I’m interested to see Craftworld M’eh, but it’s always fun to go searching for something in the odds and ends collection. Pretty much a win/win situation.

Re. b20f08 and the question  regarding historical minis, absolutely yes. I think the idea is to get stuff painted rather than what it is that gets painted. 

Agreed. What better place than among other hobbyists. Cheers.

21 hours ago, Krefey said:

Yeah mate, as korocite said, this is all about helping motivate people to get stuff painted.  The themes are generally open to interpretation so you can choose and paint whatever you want 🙂

Thanks. Good idea. Hope to pop in from time to time when flagging for motivation.

21 hours ago, Kn'Thrak said:

That's easy - test model below.

Going with green gems (will make them lighter).  Base colour is GSW Colourshift Celestial Azure.

eldar.jpg

Like that blue on your Eldar. Electric.

Will post updates every Friday. Forgot to add the other half of this grouping which is largely done. I just fell short with the group shown in the image.

• Like 1

In theme with last month i've discovered i'm out of gloss black spray paint, and have no gloss varnish left to gloss a satin black - so no-go on the eldar.

Thanks again to those in the western suburbs who couldn't follow basic rules to keep the 'rona under control, as I can't duck out for more.  

So - quote for the month is 'last, best hope for peace'.  

sdfgsdfg.jpg

• Like 2