Watchu playin?

Plasman

Hopefully this gets seen all the way down here....

I've managed to get sucked into the standalone STALKER "mod" Anomaly. Been playing the STALKER games on and off for years, they have a seriously huge rabbit hole of mods, very impressive considering how damned janky the games/game engine is. Anomaly essentially smooshes all three vanilla games worlds/maps together in an updated game engine, sprinkles a huge dusting of other overhaul mods all over it then serves piping hot. Happily it has in game options to reduce the balls hard difficulty and crippling economy of the world, but even tweaked it's still delightfully difficult.

Edited by Plasman

Jumped into a bit of Phoenix Point, a PC "spiritual successor" to X-Com, by the original creator I think. Fishy alien mutation virus emerging from the oceans to assault humanity, surviving splinter factions to assist or attack, that sort of thing. It's 3/4 decent, the presentation and polish falls just a little short but it's a fun enough game. Uses ballistics for firing weapons as opposed to just hit/miss dice rolls.

Edited by Plasman

I bought Deus Ex:Human Revolution for my previous computer (W7 machine) but never got around to installing it back in 2012.
Replaced that beast with a newer one in December last year.   Something a little more modern than the 10 year old beast it replaced.
In April, after many weeks of no miniatures gaming, and feeling a cyberpunk itch that needed scratching, I decided to install the original Deus Ex on the new machine (previous time I played it was on the PS2, a loooong time ago).  Then I found the copy of DE:HR hiding on my dvd shelf and installed it.  Played it through a couple of times (there are 4 endings, but there's also one point where you have to make a [Save X] or [Save Y] choice which affects how other things also play out. 
Currently playing my way through Deus Ex: Mankind divided.  A little shorter than the prior HR, but there are mission choices you make that affect other game issues.

There's still another game to come (Eidos Montreal have been busy with other projects) that links the events of this and both Invisible War and Human Revolution to the original game (Original Deus Ex is set in 2052.  Human Revolution is 2027, Mankind Divided is 2029). 

Edited by chromedog

On 8/17/2020 at 9:56 AM, Krefey said:

I own stalker...but never really played it.  I've been playing Stellaris of late.  Usually on the "normal" speed as it's a slower game and lets me paint or hobby while the game plods along.

YES!

Piles of hours in Stellaris.  Playing a total warhammer campaign multiplayer also allows hobby time between turns.

• 4 months later...

I've piled a heap of time into Hollow Knight over the last couple of months and have finally gotten to 100% completion - of the 112% possible (inc DLC).  I don't have the reflexes or patience to be able to fully complete the game, and I'm ok with that as I'm happy with the effort I've put in to date.

That being said, I can see myself coming back to it here and there with little bits of effort to try and bump up that % until the sequel (Silksong) comes out. The game is absolutely gorgeous, and plays like a (nightmarish) dream.

On 2/4/2021 at 9:15 AM, Plasman said:

Dyson Sphere Program is pure crack and I can't stop! Much more accessible and user friendly than Factorio, which I bounced off.

Had a quick squiz given your recommendation. Certainly more expansive looking. Have you checked out Satisfactory? I've seen reviews and game play on YT but haven't made the leap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Currently liking the Big Hunt in World of Warships being played out on the large Polygon map. Something different from the usual WoW play and quite engaging and entertaining at the same time. Unfortunately it's only for as long as the current update of WoW endures. There are several levels of difficulty. It's changing from Easy to Medium soon.

Edited by b20f08

Still on DE:MD.  
Discovered a couple of side missions that I'd never noticed before and finished them as well as the rest of the game (you have to unlock them to have them show up in the first place, as well as finish them to get the points.  If you don't unlock them, they don't show up in the list).  Some you only unlock by exploring.

Managed to get a player achievement that while certainly achievable, isn't easily done.  Needs a combination of sneaky-stealthy, distraction tactics and not using the lethal bang-bangs.
"Humanitarian award".  Finish the game on "give me Deus Ex" difficulty (maximum normal difficulty) without killing anyone.  Non-lethal takedowns and KOs are fine (you leave them with little "Zzzzz" icons and not little red skull icons).  You can do it with gas grenades, stun and tranq weapons, so it's a doable thing. 
Just gives you a little medal on your achievement tally when you finish it.
It's just a lot easier to gun everything down that gets in your way.  😄

• 2 months later...

^ I've had that on my wishlist a while, just a case of too many games not enough time to justify even more buys 😄

I had FOUR bloody days off sick on my last work swing, hanging around a mine camp with a cold is not fun. On the plus side I'm finally close to completing a campaign in Total Warhammer II for the first time ever! I've also picked up the Sam and Max remaster, and whilst it looks and sounds great it still suffers from fairly janky editing in terms of camera cuts during dialogue and moving between areas and such, certainly not as smooth as it could be which is a shame because the dialogue and such is great.

17 hours ago, Krefey said:

Bought Subnautica Below Zero the other day.  Have been playing that on and off.

It's silly, but I really can't play games where you're under water. Even games that have levels or sections where you're under water give me the heebie jeebies.

• 2 months later...

Playing a bit of Mini Motorways (roads) and Mini Metro (rail) these days. Like to relax after the BS that is the grind and regular "miscommunications" issues happening over at WOWS. Enjoy the daily and weekly challenges of Mini Motorways where you compare your single best effort (first effort only counts) against the scores of others globally. Sadly, I am nowhere near the 68K+ of the top score for the recent daily challenge in Mini Motorways. I barely broke 1K on my effort. Lol. Thankfully it's daily (city changes too).

Edited by b20f08

I am still involved with War Robots by Pixonic (playing on mobile), Last Day on Earth by Kefir (also on mobile).  Think what you want of the developers and their habits, but I think they have good games.  I will always languish in the middle of the pack as I don't spend money in either game so can't compete with the top dogs.

Also getting into Eve Online, which I am enjoying at the moment, but have only finished the tutorial and almost done with the "training" missions up front.