Oz Tabletop Gaming

Mortal Realms subscription purchase model

Fascinating. I suppose it makes sense for kids or people who just want to casually play it over time with mates, but anyone dedicated is just going to drop money on what they want for their army.

Yeah I nabbed a copy of #1 from the newsagents for my girls.  They've been playing it.

The breakdown $ I'd seen was in UK£ and was better than retail, but with the conversion to Aussie $ and taking into account discounts available through online stores it's probably not worthwhile.

I am interested to see how it handles teaching the rules of a full game over time.  At the moment watching the girls play, I've not seen the Chainrasps lose a "game".

IMG_20200815_103600606.jpg

9 hours ago, GT said:

The breakdown $ I'd seen was in UK£ and was better than retail, but with the conversion to Aussie $ and taking into account discounts available through online stores it's probably not worthwhile.

I would have subbed to this if it was monthly.  I like the idea of a controlled spend for a monthly hobby supply, regardless of how that value compares to a purchase.

At $20 a week I think that's too much of an outlay.

• Like 2

i think unless you want both armies or have someone to split with them or a newsagents that can grab you only the editions you want its of questionable worth.  especially the discounts to Aus retail when you can still buy things at a similar discount to retail.

if they were $14.99 in line with the UK RRP it would probably be a different question.

Edited by Shinigami_Josh
On 8/21/2020 at 10:50 PM, Kn'Thrak said:

I would have subbed to this if it was monthly.  I like the idea of a controlled spend for a monthly hobby supply, regardless of how that value compares to a purchase.

At $20 a week I think that's too much of an outlay.

One of the four options for subscribing is a monthly delivery of four weeks of packs.  Gives you two late and two early compared to those that get one a week from the newsagents, if that makes sense.

Still $80 for that once a month hit.

I would have liked for us to be able to have the option for the premium subscription, with the four extra factions of stuff.