Oz Tabletop Gaming

Chromedog's occasionally updated infinity log-jam.

Thought I'd contribute a little more to this little board.
I'm more of a builder and 'maker' than a game-player, but I do enjoy the odd game I get with my stuff.  I've been known to light my terrain up when I can, too (I learned to solder as a young teen, didn't start gaming until late teens).  Sometimes I'll probably even share the "behind the curtain" stuff.

My current project - since I've been playing a bit of the Deus Ex computer game series to keep my sanity during this plague season, was to take inspiration from it for a 'new' force for Infinity the game.  I don't often take inspiration from video games (I've played 5 games in the last 15 years).  My O-12 space cops.  The Praha (Prague) Peacekeepers.
I've taken some liberties with the theme, but it could all logically fit into that universe.
So, first up are the actual cop units from the game. 
The streetcops
The swatcops

The chonk is meant to be one of the exo suits with the hmg.  This guy.

The TAG, an old Dragao (now OOP) with a new head. Represents one of these boys.  The 80-X "Boxguard" droid.  The cops have bestowed the monicker "shitkicker" upon him.

This is where the force is atm. 

One of my "Authorised" bounty hunters:  Adam "I never asked for this" Jensen.   Aleph Machaon figure.  The right arm and hand have been swapped in from other parts. 
bruno-gauthier-leblanc-deusex-mankind-divided-police.jpg
bruno-gauthier-leblanc-deusex-mankind-divided-prague-swat.jpg

frederic-daoust-exo-front.jpg

477full-deus-ex -human-revolution-artwork.jpg

DSC_1017.JPG

DSC_1014.JPG

DSC_1015.JPG

Edited by chromedog
49 minutes ago, Krefey said:

BBcode isn't enabled at this stage.  But you should be able to embed images directly.

Yeah, realised that.  I'm just used to forums not being that cool with direct upload and linking from a host.  

A while ago, I put together one of the Brutal Cities range of buildings. The Easy Augs store.
Because I wanted to light it up, and have other bits move and so forth, I had to plan it out, and this meant I had time to document the build. Normally I would just start a project and just keep going with it until it was done, without stopping to document it.  This was the first project that I took photos of from almost the beginning of the project.
The kit is very well thought out, and goes together pretty easily.  Ryan has done his homework.

I wanted the trusswork to look metallic, but not shiny-new metallic, so I knew silver paint was going to be out of the question.  So I pulled an old FX technique out of retirement.  Graphite rub over gloss black.  Messy as hell.  Undercoat the parts with gloss black (rattlecan), while the paint is still wet, dump graphite powder over it (I had a bottle of it which gets used to dry-lubricate door and window runners and the odd lock) then let it dry.  Once dry, shake off the excess and buff the ever-lovin' hell out of it.
(The ladder panel next to the wall trusses was done in chrome silver spray paint. I didn't want it that shiny.

Graphite powder is very fine, so a fine particulates rated filter mask is recommended.
It's also not recommended to do this in a spray booth.  The particulates are rather conductive, and can start electrical fires if they get blown through a fan motor.
I had to wait for a low-wind day and I did it outside. 

The rust effect is ACTUAL rust.  Iron oxide scraped from some steel wool that went rusty.  Mixed with some matte medium and painted on.  I hit it with some matt varnish afterwards, to retard the rusting (otherwise it will continue to oxidise and darken, and though it won't harm the mdf, there are moulds that feed off iron oxide that will.  You can buy patinating media at hardware stores, too - but this was during "lockdown" and the hardware stores were closed.  They usually consist of a paint carrier with metallic particles in it, and an acidic "aging" solution to accelerate the aging.

Doors were added and put together so that they moved.  The garage door is hinged and can be raised/lowered.  The Blue door slides.
The holo signage (small one) is magnetised and comes off for transport (and I have a few more I can swap it out for).

Took me almost four weeks to finish this kit.  Had to wait for some electronics parts to come into stock (and ebay were refusing to unlock my account, so I couldn't go there) and some dolls' house hinges for the doors.   
The 3d printed scanner is from the Dragon's Rest set.
The screens came from Antenocitis workshop. 
The beds are from Spartan Scenics barracks set.
The desk is Mantic terrain crate - with screen and keyboard from a Novacore 2019 objective widget.

DSC_0864.jpg

DSC_0865.jpg

DSC_0866.JPG

DSC_0867.JPG

DSC_0868.JPG

DSC_0869.JPG

DSC_0868.JPG

DSC_0869.JPG

DSC_0870.JPG

DSC_0872.JPG

DSC_0873.JPG

DSC_0875.JPG

DSC_0876.JPG

DSC_0877.JPG

DSC_0878.JPG

DSC_0879.JPG

DSC_0880.JPG

DSC_0881.JPG

DSC_0882.JPG

DSC_0883.JPG

DSC_0884.JPG

DSC_0893.JPG

DSC_0894.JPG

DSC_0895 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0906.JPG

DSC_0907.JPG

DSC_0908.JPG

DSC_0909.JPG

DSC_0910 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0911.JPG

DSC_0916.JPG

DSC_0919.JPG

DSC_0920.JPG

DSC_0921.JPG

DSC_0941.JPG

DSC_0942.JPG

DSC_0943.JPG

DSC_0952.JPG

DSC_0924 (Small).JPG

DSC_0925 (Small).JPG

DSC_0927 (Small).JPG

DSC_0931 (Small).JPG

DSC_0933 (Small).JPG

DSC_0937 (Small).JPG

Edited by chromedog
  • Like 1

Oh definitely.
This build was intended to be shown at Cancon 2021, but with the cancellation of that event, maybe Novacore 2021?   Nova IS my local event.
I have loaned terrain to the last few Cancons (had a friend bring it down since I couldn't make it for a couple of them.).   On the plus side, cancon 2022, I'll have a full licence and it won't take me quite as long to drive down.

My stuff was in use at Nova last year (it got moved from the middle of the pack to one end near the doors, because in the TO's words "It was too pretty to hide."
It will go onto this "table" collection.  Most of the buildings light up, from the cheap hotel to  the police station, the sushi corner, the garage (has flickering blue/white LEDs coming from inside.  Someone is using a gas-axe to cut&shunt two wrecks together). 

I'm the guy with the white hair.  If we're at the same event, come over and say Hi.    Krefey can point me out if he's there as well. 

DSC_0503 (Small).JPG

DSC_0166d (Small).JPG

DSC_0306.JPG

DSC_0339 (Small).JPG

DSC_0340 (Small).JPG

DSC_0341 (Small).JPG

DSC_0310 (Small).JPG

DSC_0311 (Small).JPG

DSC_0312 (Small).JPG

DSC_0314 (Small).JPG

Also made up a transit stop for the table. 
Some leftover acrylic bits from various signage packs (the blue one on top is Knights of Dice, the yellow/green are micro arts) I've got a couple of scale appropriate buses so I figured they needed somewhere for the bridge&tunnel crowd to wait.
Every bus stop I've seen has a map showing the relevant transit "lines".  So I used something from my old cyberpunk rpg days.

DSC_0954 (Small).JPG

DSC_0955 (Small).JPG

DSC_0956 (Small).JPG

DSC_0957 (Small).JPG

DSC_0962 (Small).JPG

• Like 2