[MK] 40k Urban Warzone Board, an adventure in terrain

Magos Kasen

I haven't been terribly active lately, and barely picked up a brush in Sept. But this week I had some spare time and made the push to finish a project I've been pottering away on for several weeks. 

For about as long as I've been hobbying, some 16 years now, I've dreamed of owning the kinds of gaming boards I'd see online or in places like White Dwarf. Now that I'm a little older and maybe wiser, I decided to set out to build such a board. I've started with a small 2'x3', mainly for kill team, but I intend to add 3 more like this to play full 40k games. Not that ever actually play much. 

This whole build was mostly an adventure in trial and error. A lot of techniques and methods I haven't done before, to try and create the level of detail and aesthetic I wanted. My biggest qualm is whether it will stand up to the rigors of gaming, but I guess only time will answer that. 

I didn't take photos of the first few weeks worth of slow progress, but I took a couple pics before painting which I'll include. 

20201004_171937.jpg

20201004_172044.jpg

20201005_163359.jpg

20201007_102538.jpg

20201007_104436.jpg

20201007_104525.jpg

20201007_104551.jpg

• Like 5

Sorry for the tardiness of this reply; been very distracted of late.

Like the detailing, especially the posters/flyers scattered about; not sure if placing them on the rubble is viable given the local weather conditions and traffic in that area. Just a couple of quick questions: 1) Where'd the rubble come from? Are you going to place accompanying ruins to harmonise those lovely but randomly placed rubble?  2) Have you considered more holes or damage in that structure with the stairs for a bit more realistic weathering and damage? 3) Are you going to stain those vents and perhaps add some hints of green algae? 4) Are you going to add a few car wrecks - burnt out and stripped down or abandoned but ruined?

Still impressed you've tackled something like this on a big enough size.  So much potential in the direction you want to take this.