Oz Tabletop Gaming

I'm, still reading through the Necron codex background section ,but an interesting tidbit I noticed, there are three Blackstone Fortresses shown on the map.

Rules wise, any model with 2 or more wounds has living metal now.

Hmm, it also mentions that one of the C'Tan had the Talismans of Vaul around its neck.  I wonder if they were captured from the Old Ones or actually made by the Necrontyr / C'Tan after all, rather than the old ones.

I am really loving when the Necron lore has gone. They've gone from just kill everything to having some generalised plan. It's made them distinct from Tyranids.

Loving the Silent King lore though. The dude is terrifying. 

On the Talismans/Black Stone Fortresses. It would kind of make sense that the Necrons are involved in their creation. They were used to destroy the C'Tan. Maybe a joint Eldar-Necron endeavour? 

1 hour ago, BearPowers said:

On the Talismans/Black Stone Fortresses. It would kind of make sense that the Necrons are involved in their creation. They were used to destroy the C'Tan. Maybe a joint Eldar-Necron endeavour? 

Maybe, old lore was they were created by the old ones to take on the C'Tan

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, it seems like Australia has had a delayed release for some models like the Monolith.  I'm guessing shipments have been delayed due to Covid.

• Like 1
On 10/26/2020 at 10:51 AM, Krefey said:

Meanwhile, it seems like Australia has had a delayed release for some models like the Monolith.  I'm guessing shipments have been delayed due to Covid.

Going by overseas outrage at the cost of the monolith maybe customs held on to them because they thought they were some illegal substance?

1 hour ago, Evilgnome said:

Going by overseas outrage at the cost of the monolith maybe customs held on to them because they thought they were some illegal substance?

LOL, it's probably more expensive than crack 😉  Nah, I reckon it's just shipping delays.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, BearPowers said:

I do look forward to the Border Patrol episode featuring the returned traveler who bought a lot of 40k. 

WHAT THE **** DO YOU MEAN I NEED TO PAY $10k GST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Ninja said:

WHAT THE **** DO YOU MEAN I NEED TO PAY $10k GST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ahahahaha.  That would be amusing.

"excuse me sir, did you declare this large quantity of plasticrack"

"umm, I have to declare this"

"It's a highly trafficked substance, tightly controlled"

"but, but...it's just plastic"

"sir, please don't make a scene"

"they are just toy soldiers!!"

"You're under arrest sir, your goods are to be confiscated *coughformyownarmycough*."

*individual is zip tied and lead away while officer takes all the GW stuff"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 10/29/2020 at 10:14 AM, Evilgnome said:

There did used to be an issue with some FW resin casts back in the early days.
Lack of pressure casting/vacuum degassing in FW production meant bubble voids in larger products (which in most places mandated drilling the voids to ensure they weren't smuggling something in them). Improper cure times and badly mixed resins also meant the resin could still be outgassing in transit, and it used to emit compounds the USA's chem sniffers took to be Semtex.  
Customs weren't under any requirement to repair any damage they do to your models, either.

• Like 3