The (first) battle for Helms Deep

Played my first game using my Helms Deep model on the weekend. We decided that Rohan had nowhere to run and as such passed their courage automatically after they broke. When Isengard finally broke, we called it a game and tallied some points. 20-13 with a Rohan victory.

Here's some shots:

20201121_105136.jpg

20201121_105148.jpg

20201121_105231.jpg

20201121_105241.jpg

20201121_105256.jpg

20201121_105305.jpg

20201121_113545.jpg

20201121_113551.jpg

20201121_124751.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is great! Good work!

I have a 4x3' helms deep with a timber frame which is still largely unpainted, and it stares at me from its dusty place in the storage room, in a judgemental way, demanding to be completed. I put it up on one-ring forum a while back.

Your keep looks lovely, especially the statues. I have the same ones, but because my model is smaller, the statues look far too large on it. I was aiming for a compact keep, and it keeps* biting me in the butt regarding scale. (*lol punpun?)

Your work has made me want to dive in to the Deep again. Thanks.

On 1/4/2021 at 4:33 PM, Hermit said:

This is great! Good work!

I have a 4x3' helms deep with a timber frame which is still largely unpainted, and it stares at me from its dusty place in the storage room, in a judgemental way, demanding to be completed. I put it up on one-ring forum a while back.

Your keep looks lovely, especially the statues. I have the same ones, but because my model is smaller, the statues look far too large on it. I was aiming for a compact keep, and it keeps* biting me in the butt regarding scale. (*lol punpun?)

Your work has made me want to dive in to the Deep again. Thanks.

Thanks,

You should really get back in on that. Doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as you finish it. I've seen a few that are scaled back a bit to be more playable at a smaller level. Some of them look really good (To clarify, they all look good, but i've seen one or two that are too far gone to be called Helms Deep).

In related news, my extension is ready to be painted.