The OzTG Project 2021 hobby comp

Krefey

On 1/15/2021 at 1:24 PM, korocite said:

Nice. What colour scheme are you thinking of doing?

Sorry for being so slow in replying to this - I've had a very busy weekend and week.

I can't say that I have a single unifying paint scheme for this ork army.  Different portions fall under the various clans  - and I intend to have freebooters as well.  

If it helps at all - I am about to post an update in my thread for this challenge of figures that I'm just finishing.  A nob who will be probably leading a deathskull unit and the first few gretchin.  I'm very much painting in a rogue trader / second edition feel - bright and colourful - not grimdark.

Hi all, 

Newcomer to the forum, didn't even know of it until a Facebook post. I'm working on a couple of projects but I've got the first models of a new project coming in shortly. So I pledge to complete a crusade force of True Scale Dornian Heresy White Scars led by Daemon Khan (new project). Hopefully this will keep me motivated to actually complete them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kalydrias said:

Hi all, 

Newcomer to the forum, didn't even know of it until a Facebook post. I'm working on a couple of projects but I've got the first models of a new project coming in shortly. So I pledge to complete a crusade force of True Scale Dornian Heresy White Scars led by Daemon Khan (new project). Hopefully this will keep me motivated to actually complete them.

Welcome 😉

1 hour ago, Kalydrias said:

Hi all, 

Nice!  Sounds like an awesome project!  Feel free to spread the word.  I must admit my social media fu is not the best haha

• 2 weeks later...

Red Corsairs are on the back burner for now. I am starting on my Emperor's Children BFG Fleet and made my first minis for my 10000 point Alpha Legion Heresy 6mm Army.  I have also made my first order for minis for the army from a 3rd party manufacturer This will give me all the infantry I need.  Hopefully The army will start to be assembled and painted as I get more of it.

• Like 1

I'm keen to get involved!

I have a partially painted (read that as black spray paint and splashes of base coat red and brown) Slaves to Darkness force I need to finish, along with a Celestial Vindicators forcefrom various starter sets and Mortal Realms magazine. All but 6 of them are undercoated Macragge Blue 😅

I want them both finished.

So I'm thinking that's what I ought to pledge? And depending how I go, I can maybe add to that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bo Bo said:

I'm keen to get involved!

I have a partially painted (read that as black spray paint and splashes of base coat red and brown) Slaves to Darkness force I need to finish, along with a Celestial Vindicators forcefrom various starter sets and Mortal Realms magazine. All but 6 of them are undercoated Macragge Blue 😅

I want them both finished.

So I'm thinking that's what I ought to pledge? And depending how I go, I can maybe add to that?

Yeah mate, go for it.

Because one is not enough...

Just got my Ultimate Pledge for Marvel United. And I'm kidding myself if I try to say I'm not as excited for this as I am/was/remain for Song.

So project #2: painting up the entire pledge (look, it's only 80-odd ogre-sized minis, it's not like I haven't done *that* before >cough< two weeks leading up to Cancon >cough<)

BAFC6DF9-6E0E-4232-9D4D-002234558C0A.jpeg

FC5ED1E9-284B-413A-AF0D-E8BC234BAC81.jpeg

• Like 5

I'm throwing down.     Minimum 1000 points either Harlequins or altansar aeldari.

Nothing purchased yet, nothing painted.   

Been a long time out of the game and painting ECT so this year I'm planning on forcing myself to complete something so this is a great idea and using techniques I have never done before to get better at painting.

I won't commit but I also would like to do a display board for this force.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 6:12 PM, Sagan said:

I'm throwing down.     Minimum 1000 points either Harlequins or altansar aeldari.

Nothing purchased yet, nothing painted.   

Been a long time out of the game and painting ECT so this year I'm planning on forcing myself to complete something so this is a great idea and using techniques I have never done before to get better at painting.

I won't commit but I also would like to do a display board for this force.

A good idea if you are trying to paint a certain number of points is to put  minimum point value on each month.  I do 200 - so each month I need to come out the other end with 200 points painted.  In 6 months I have a small army.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I could join in...

I have 3 large projects that I plan to have completed by years end.

The last 3000ish points of necrons.

a 2000 point silly guard list.

and a 2000+ point Deathwing list.

I'm already well in all 3, but both full army projects were started this year (can post starter pics). And the Necrons have been since Sept last year.

• 2 months later...

Wish I'd seen this earlier, cause I had already started a few things, but bugger it, lets take on something new also.

I used to play inifinity, but stopped playing several years ago just through sheer lack of time. Have been keeping an eye on the new releases and getting the painting itch. I love the detail on the models and want to stretch myself a bit. So have just ordered a starter army and a few cool extras of the Ariadna faction. My aim will be to finish them all, well based and stretch to making some terrain.

At the same time I'll likely be finishing off some kill team pariah nexus. I'm halfway through the Necrons and terrain, but haven't started the marines yet.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A new challenger has entered the ring, at the last possible moment. Painting has been my thing for a long while, so I want to mix it up a little bit. It's time my plastic man dollies had somewhere nice to live. I aim to create one piece of Fairy Tale themed terrain every month. If it goes to plan (which it wont) I will have a fetching display board by Christmas. For July I want to make a stone bridge for a Troll to live under. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, enerjohn said:

A new challenger has entered the ring, at the last possible moment. Painting has been my thing for a long while, so I want to mix it up a little bit. It's time my plastic man dollies had somewhere nice to live. I aim to create one piece of Fairy Tale themed terrain every month. If it goes to plan (which it wont) I will have a fetching display board by Christmas. For July I want to make a stone bridge for a Troll to live under. 

That's a great idea, I love it! 

15 hours ago, enerjohn said:

Hey John!  Welcome to the new boards.  Can't wait to see what you do!  I've always loved your armies when I saw them at CanCon.

• 3 months later...
On 12/25/2020 at 7:25 AM, Emplion said:

I've got a ton of necron stuff on sprue, by the end of the year I want to have a playable necron 2000pt force.  Probably won't start the project until late Autumn or sometime in Winter though.

Project done.  I've completed painting all the Necron stuff I have!  More photos about to be posted in my painting diary.

P1000043.thumb.JPG.0f1c24f52bef4d7ec4e96d1f6c577754.JPG

• Like 4