[Project 2021] Terrain and Tau

korocite

4 hours ago, BIG said:

Looking good.  Can't wait to try it out.  Is the Lizardman warband making an appearance?  Hate to think of all those Skinks swarming out of the river.....

No, I’m running the Miragleans again tonight. Lizards would be too nasty with both a large water feature and jungle terrain.

• 1 month later...

Not much to show for May. I’m almost finished a couple of squads of fire warriors, a fire blade and marksman, but they won’t be done by the end of this month. I’m feeling a bit behind where I wanted to be for this far through to year. My plan was to have a fair bit more of the tau complete, or failing that, some more terrain. Maybe next month...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 6:17 PM, CGReynolds said:

Awesome work. I usually have a lot of trouble on the flat river colours, but these seem to have a real feeling of depth to them. 

It’s the Vallejo water texture that gives it the depth. Easy to work with too.

In the absence of any Tau action, I made some progress on some heavy bolter turrets. The weapons and turrets are magnetised so I can swap out for other weapons in the future.

B938F347-497C-4550-95E5-11905E9BFACB.jpeg

1 hour ago, BIG said:

Are they to cover the river crossing?  That will be an intimidating sight.

I’m thinking of having one adjacent the bridge, with a small pillbox on the other side. The rest will be for a defensive line a bit further along in the campaign.

17 hours ago, korocite said:

It’s the Vallejo water texture that gives it the depth. Easy to work with too.

In the absence of any Tau action, I made some progress on some heavy bolter turrets. The weapons and turrets are magnetised so I can swap out for other weapons in the future.

B938F347-497C-4550-95E5-11905E9BFACB.jpeg

Oooo, I have a few of those in a tub somewhere lol

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, BIG said:

You never mentioned a Tau defence network. I think I am deeply worried. 

Surprises are good, right?

All the Tau fortifications seem a bit underwhelming in terms of effectiveness, but they will look good in the jungle. And that's what matters.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I’m reasonably happy with them.

I still have a squad of pathfinders from the first wave of Tau. They are next on the painting desk.

Over the last few weeks I have been assembling everything in the photo below. There are two dedicated hammerheads that can be kitted out as skyray, rail gun or ion canon. One can be a heavy bombardment as seen in the centre of the group. One is a dedicated devil fish and the fourth can alternate between hammerhead it devil fish. Additionally I have nine  stealth suits, four  crisis suits, two commanders, drones and lots of magnetised seeker missiles.

3236EB06-4379-4BDD-8126-DFA3AD5AE6C7.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 9:51 AM, BIG said:

That's really cool.  How big is the dish?

It is nice, though there were lots of gaps that required filling. Not that this will be a problem as the whole thing will be overgrown with vines, moss and jungle foliage as per the rest of the terrain in this set.

The dish is 155mm wide. This is the final destination for the Tasetus/Dile campaign. Whoever controls this can get a signal out to their ships in orbit and arrange extraction with whatever STC fragments they have recovered.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...