October hobby comp - unfinished

Krefey

This month's theme is unfinished.  This will be a bit different to usual months as you're allowed to choose something that has already started to be painted, it's just not finished yet.  You can still paint something from scratch though.

Rules:

- current state photo with name and date

- final piece by midnight on the 30th of October

- for completion photo, please submit a comparison photo to show what it started as and what the final look is so people can see what went into the piece.

I will optimistically put my uninjured hand up for this.  It would be excellent motivation to knock-out the Bull Centaurs that have been languishing with only the very start of painting done.  However, if the doctor's worst case scenario comes to fruition I am unable to use my dominant hand for 4 more weeks....so would miss the deadline.  Here is hoping I recover faster than that.

But I will post up a photo of where the unit is in the near future in the hope I can contribute.

Having recently knocked the dust off the old painting table, much like the lost city of the Aztecs, I discovered treasures aplenty! I am weighing in on this one with the following:

Magore’s Fiends

I bought these shortly after they were released. Got all excited about painting them ... and then we do one of those awesome fast forward through time things that they use in movies to today.

Thankfully, the photo doesn't show up too much of the dust that they've collected and this is a great opportunity for me to 
A ) Actually paint some toy soldiers again
B ) Finish at least one of the four warbands I own

Wish me luck!

PS. I, Ratboy, do solemnly swear that this photo was taken on the 4th October, 2021. Signed and verified by authority of me: Ratboy. 

IMG_20211004_172752.jpg

• Like 1

I've been looking at AK-47 Republic for yeeeears (and like a lot of my lead pile, stuff was bought then stashed). It revolves around the Bush Wars and Toyota Wars that plagued African nations for decades, and continues to do so (along with a chunk of the Middle East).

I painted a bit of stuff for an old 15mm Vietnam game ("Militia" infantry will be repainted from black pyjamas and M113s will be repurposed)... but I still had more to do... finally dug some of the bits out of the pile...

Here's a photo of the stuff: 2 T-55, another M113, 6 Toyota Hilux, 2 Landrover, 2 Jeep, a bunch of US infantry (for "Professional" troops), and 4 mortar teams.

This is (of course) happening at the same time as the new Maschinen Krieger stuff is about to arrive... and while I have 6mm Napoleonic Russians on the painting desk...

IMG_20211006_164605.jpg

Edited by Goatface
fixing details
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, chromedog said:

I just had to pay my first parking fine ... so no funds available for my hobby this month and no backlog to speak of. 

That's a bugger!  Downside to finally getting your license and being able to drive I guess?

3 hours ago, chromedog said:

I just had to pay my first parking fine ... so no funds available for my hobby this month and no backlog to speak of. 

I'd offer to send you a care package of random miniatures that fit into a category that you like, but I don't believe that AusPost would get it to you by the end of the month...

• Like 1

I'm stuck on my P2s until lockdown is over for the state (I technically finished my 2 years on the 9th September.).
At least it was only a fine, no demerits (they can affect your upgrade from p2 to unrestricted).  That'll teach me to look for not so well displayed signs in future.
Stores should re-open by my birthday, which gives me at least 2 days to do something before the month ends. 

• Like 1

My submission. Cheers.

612665210_Churchfrontview.jpg.c3d08e90f55820ab19db982c7caa5476.jpg

Front

2061685715_Churchbackdoorview.jpg.1510db3ca44198b92615e0541e83a514.jpg

Back

1338053461_Allied17pdrguncrew.jpg.654e5fd9273639dd88a4282c8a9d2045.jpg

And for a perspective view, a display showing a 17pdr crewed gun and attendant vehicle; other side is another crewed 25pdr with two bren gun carriers for infantry support.

Like I said this is part of a much much larger project so the church is only one of many building. Good to finally get the first building at least completed. Cheers.

Edited by b20f08
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...