Ridley Scott and Kitbag

b20f08

Got text message this morning with this advert for movie extras. Unfortunately location (London) and timing (filming starts late January 2022) might be off for many Oz hopefuls. Still, worth a post (if allowed otherwise remove, Mods). Film is Kitbag, a movie biopic on the early days of Napoleon.

2125204068_Resized_FB_IMG_16363537709781.jpg.72e8499c57f73230a062d4edbca4a5f6.jpg

The word "vigorous" worried me however. Wig and beard traders will be doing roaring trade too. Note: this is a humour piece with no serious historical value other than admiring that historicals are still a valid movie resource. Again, if mods deem this inappropriate, by all means remove the image. Cheers.

Edited by b20f08

Yeah, thought the title a bit odd myself. But it would be a hoot to be involved. I expect every reenactor over in the UK, and some beyond, would be camped on the casting director's doorstep for sure. Damn, I just shaved my Christmas beard off the other day. 😄

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds cool. Yeah, not thinking I'd be going oversea anytime soon though. I'd volunteer for vigorous training at the pub as not particularly sporty although, drinking is sport right? Napoleonic soldiers  liked to drink too so that would be period appropriate. Maybe a cupful of gin each day as part of the training then.

• Like 1

Me neither. My travelling days are long over. Soldiers, the generations over, love their drinks, shooting the breeze, and making whoopy. Simple needs for certain conditions but the job often got dirty so one needed the simple things to fill the empty spaces between fighting and dying. The delicate balancing act, I suppose. Have a dram for me, mate.

• Haha 1