Epic growing again in Canberra

In the interest of promoting this action on the shiny new forums..

There's a new/old bunch of Epic gamers in Canberra consisting of people that are just getting into the game, or dusting of decades old figures and getting back into it. Very inspiring to see this wonderful beast still has the capacity to attract players!

I understand they're meeting at Jolt for their first outing, and will be joined by devious old seal clubbers experienced epic players willing to show them the ropes. If you're Epic curious in Canberra, now is a good time to scratch that itch.

• 5 months later...

I am looking for groups in Australia to test the newest version of the Elysian drop regiment so I can move it from developmental to approved.  It is downloadable from the TacComs.  Hopefully with the guy in the USA, and perhaps the newcastle guys, and the some other groups I need to contact, like the Brisbane, Victorians, the South Australian and even Western Australia groups.

I think the list is going to be a nice mid tier level drop list, suitable for tournaments. 

It has most of the force dropping via HA-LO from Valkyries.  You can mount some of your forces in valkyries or sky talons, the Storm Trooper company can be teleported in, and the grey ghost are your elite scouts for garrisoning. 

There are 3 types of Sentinel - Scout with H/Bolters and scout, Drop with a short range M/Melta, and soppurt with a range 45cm missile launcher (AP and AT).  There is also the Taurus and Tautus Venators for faster movement formations to use a gap stops and to take objective if needed.

You need a luna class Cruiser at least to drop the drop companies.  I added a Mortar company as a core choice (limit 1 per 3000 points or part ther of), the vultures are now back to their original set up, but at 75 points each, they are pretty useless and blunted once they fire the 2x 120cm range AT OS missiles.  The aircraft suppport has been made so they now have better weapons on them as they do in the Harkoni Warhawks list.

I also added 2 new units. a spotter character who can attatch to the drop companies and the regimental HQ, and can call in indirect artillery.  The second is the Sabre AA weapons Platform. which can be attatched to any core formation companies.  It has a short ranges paird AA gun, counts as infantry, and only has a 10cm move, but it will deter enemy A/C from diving down and BM your broken formatins to death.

yeah it is the same here, because of the damn quarantine, and forced self isolation they want people to follow.  I have been tested twice and had a negative result both times. 

I came back from Mackay on Sunday after visiting my terminally ill dad, and had to spend a week in quarantine, with special permission to return to Sydney (Campbelltown) because of work, and the fact that they would not let me go to the funeral when he does pass away. Cost me an arm and a leg, but Hopefully I will be able to pay it off slowly.

The important thing is it allowed me to say goodbye to dad - face to face, and also gave me some time to paint and base quite a few minis though.  The Elysian/Paramar Guardmen turned out really well.  I am working towards a nice 10,000 point army. 

Paramar Drop Trooper and Hardened Veteran (Front).JPG

Paramar Drop Trooper and Hardened Veteran (Rear).JPG

DSCN0541.JPG

DSCN0544.JPG