New Ragnar and Ghazghkull minis

Krefey

I'm starting to notice that most of the new characters are either standing (tippy toes) on some sort of ruins or floating in the air with some sort of cloth touching the ground.

Are they all worried about getting dirty on the battlefield?

25 minutes ago, Emplion said:

I'm starting to notice that most of the new characters are either standing (tippy toes) on some sort of ruins or floating in the air with some sort of cloth touching the ground.

Are they all worried about getting dirty on the battlefield?

I liked how Shrike brought his own dangerous terrain to the party. 

Maybe that's the big reveal of Psychic Awakening, all the Special Characters' bases line up and slot together to reveal a massive narrative diorama.

99% happy with Ragnar pose.  Very dynamic and they've kept all the moving parts in alignment with one another (ie no cloaks and things in different directions).

The hand bothers me.  A lot.  I feel like he should have the pistol in hand rather than holstered.  RIght now it looks like he wants to shout BANG and cast the psychic powers that he doesn't have.

• Like 1

I think if I had Ragnar I'd leave him off the ruins, or cut them down a bit, they don't make him look as solid as he should be.

Ghaz, on the other hand, looks suitably tanky.

Still weird seeing Ragnar with black hair. I know his name is Blackmane and all, but he had blond hair on his model for  looong time.

• Like 1

Someone on FB said that in that pose it would have been better to have Ragnar run UP the ruins (running jump) instead of bouncing OFF (Primaris Parkour!), and now I can't unsee it.

Oh Blackmane.  So much potential, so close.

But yes, Ghaz is high king of 2020 releases.  LOOK AT THAT SOLID BEAST.

Edited by Borzag
change to the text

10 hours ago, BearPowers said:

Part of me wishes Ghaz was still bigger. I want the Beast Arises style Ork leader who is the size of an Imperial Knight! 

Still, both are awesome. Ragnar is perfect.

I think @MechKraken would agree with you on the Ghaz part.  Still, it looks like he's on an 80mm base at least.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Goat just needs to know how big the base is for Ghaz, so that he can re-base existing (2nd version?) metal Ghaz (currently the only painted mini in my Ork collection... I keep getting distracted by other things...).

One day this year I will gets some work done on the horde of Stormboyz which I have part-painted, and on the scratchbuilt Speedfreek project (2 vehicles so far)… Ghaz will go in there somewhere, but I'll need to get to work on building Meganobz to go with him... and the battlewagons to carry them...

Edited by Goatface

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, stinkingyeti said:

Cool models, but damn, $290 for a set that doesn't have many models seems a bit lame.

You get 23 models, no scenery (cardboard or otherwise), and a small story book.

You're essentially paying $70 for Ragnar, Makari and Ghaz.  At full RRP of the kits included anyway.  These sets seem more to expand armies than a starting point for new players though.