March Hobby Pledge!

OK, so let's start a monthly hobby pledge.  The idea is that we pledge to finish something (can be anything or any amount) at the start of the month and have it done by the end of the month.  We can then vote for our favourite pieces each month.

I'm going to kick off the March Hobby Pledge by pledging to finish painting my Mastadon.

• Like 1

Hmm...seeing as I'm a supporter of the idea I'd better commit to something!

I'll make a short list:

1. 15mm 'Nam infantry platoon
  2. 15mm Dutch Leopard 2 tank platoon
  3. At least one random 28mm figure

I may get distracted and build 1/144 model aircraft instead...

Edited by Oceanborn
3 hours ago, Krefey said:

The idea is that we pledge to finish something (can be anything or any amount) at the start of the month and have it done by the end of the month.

11 minutes ago, Kn'Thrak said:

End of the month?  That's only a few weeks away!  This doesn't leave enough time for procrastinating.

Can I pledge a single infantry model?

Considering the rules are that we can pledge any amount, then I think that a single infantry model is ok by the rules

after all, if it's 28mm that's about the equivalent amount of work as my entire 15mm 'Nam platoon 😛

56 minutes ago, Kn'Thrak said:

End of the month?  That's only a few weeks away!  This doesn't leave enough time for procrastinating.

Can I pledge a single infantry model?

Yeah. This is more of a warm up to get things started. We'll have something a bit more formal next month.

• Krefey pinned this topic
4 hours ago, Cory said:

I'll pledge to finish weathering and putting details on five of the vehicles for my US Winter WW2 Army 28mm. I may live to regret that, but hopefully this forces me to get it done!

Are they already painted and you're at the weathering step?  Which technique(s) are you looking at using?

7 hours ago, Krefey said:

Are they already painted and you're at the weathering step?  Which technique(s) are you looking at using?

Base coated at the moment. As far as the dirty weathering I'm not 100% sure yet, I don't usually go too crazy with them. To fit the winter theme though the vehicles will be white washed. I've done this in the past by wetting the model, covering in salt and air brushing white over the top. Once you use a brush to get rid of the salt it leaves a white washed effect. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Krefey said:

I'm not going to even come close to finishing my pledge this month 😞

I also get an 'F' - I did manage to get the 'Nam infantry painted, but got distracted by many other things (including the 1/144 model aeroplanes)

DSC_0092.JPG

Edited by Oceanborn
  • Krefey unpinned this topic