March Hobby Comp - Renewal

Krefey

OK, things are finally starting to settle down into a routine again.  Still not perfect, but I have a bit more time to devote to things.

The theme for March is going to be Renewal.  Must admit that's partially to do with my current life experiences 😛

- pic of model with date

- pic of completed model before the 29th of March.

- have fun! 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BIG said:

Where do all the tanks go? Is it just my attempts to compensate or does that main gun look too small?

By 40k standards, it is a pop gun. The heavy stubber is there for amusement value - it is the gas cannisters that are the main event. 

• Like 1

In for this one. Great theme. Resubmitting my Burrows and Badgers warband. Cheers.

Marchpaintchallenge.thumb.jpg.35994da6220b661792258dd0e970fd6f.jpg

EDIT: 3 MARCH

Hi again. Just a bit more info on the minis.

BBWarbandAplusbonusfigureTAGGED.jpg.c4fbdcd196a1b4ce5668db3f27e44304.jpg

I like adding names to characters to help me connect to my painting (slack arse painter anyway). So, from left, top to bottom, you have Sir Yobias Longears (Hare Knight), Sir Odot Hardheart (Mouse Knight), Mitch Mytee (Mouse Burglar). Right, top to bottom, Zith Fangbite (Adder Mage), Hazek Scamper (Squirrel Witch), Maryonn Befwhyte (Mouse Shieldmaiden), Manyarn Swyvel (Weasel Soldier). Will present based, primed and basecoat update either tomorrow evening or the next morning. Cheers.

Edited by b20f08
  • Like 3

The tanks on the sides make me think nobody wants to be standing next to that thing when it goes boom...

I have decided to put my hat in the ring and this is my offering....they will fit the theme by having their paint "renewed"

image.jpeg.b9d3eabd08199d006711ae1f2f85856e.jpeg

These will be my Bray-Shaman and Beastlord for the current Beastman army I am doing.  Got these reasonably cheaply, the paint isn't bad or thick, but is not even close to the scheme I am doing so to complete the sense of renewal shortly after this photo they both took a dive into some acetone.  Will fish them out tonight and give them a scrub.  I plan to have them so they can be separated from their Chariots (all the characters in the army are also in chariots), so may cut a slot in the base of the chariots to support them (chariots not included in this challenge...)

Edited by BIG
  • Like 2

Not sure how to make these fit the theme (renewed 3D printing interest, i guess?) but i've been printing off some Greater Daemons recently, and have just finished the Great Unclean One, and Bloodthirster:

4FQpWpQ.jpg

I'll probably paint the GUO first - so he's my entry - we'll see how i go with the Thirster, and the Lord of Change, which is currently in it's liquid state...

Progress report. A bit of detailing done tonight. Using Vallejo paints - Parasite Brown and Cayman Green, either singly or blended together.

GroupWIP.jpg.3c6e86101e04efc857967d80b9bee037.jpg

EDIT: 5 MARCH

Continuing on through the night (best time cos it's quiet and no distractions), managed to get some colour down. Just copied the same colour scheme as the website. Will leave it for a couple of days now before returning to do some final detailing before flocking. Then, finito! Uma. Cheers.

WarbandGroupPose.jpg.df01988fd7b18119ddde12542b3fc9be.jpg

Edited by b20f08
  • Like 3

Looking good guys. I'll have a crack this month too. Firstly I am spoilt for renewal options given my eclectic (shoe)box of renewal (a.k.a half started, or is it half finished) shame. Don't worry though, I have plenty of other stuff as well. 

image.thumb.jpeg.79cba89e0f67caf7cf58807944ae8437.jpeg

However, I have selected something I have been meaning to do for at least 3 years to finish of my French Napoleonic Rebel & patriot force. a Regiment of 12 Perry Dragoons. Horses are done, bases acquired just never finished the troopers - did the officer tho. They are however, undercoated so I do have a bit of a headstart but given my general farting about with hobby stuffs I need all the help I can get.

image.thumb.jpeg.95bde5caabe12addcd102934208d623a.jpeg

Lets see how we all go. Best of luck folks.

cheers

Edited by Gus
  • Like 2

Hey J.D , are those AB miniatures? They are awesome miniatures for sure. I have 100's of AB's painted and soem old glory. WIll have to get back to mine some day - I have the Belgians/dutch of Bylandt's brigade from Waterloo in the shed waiting for me (only been 3.5 years)

Look forward to updates on these. Have fun mate.

cheers

On 3/3/2023 at 10:57 AM, korocite said:

A couple of days off gave me time to get this done. The motivation was the fact that I’m going to be away for most of March so was keen to get it finished quickly.

4CACBA2C-CFD4-4E09-B898-0FC9297C6669.jpeg

IT WERFS NEBELS!

Also having a realistic sized main armament on a 40k vehicle looks weird AF!

Edited by Plasman

22 hours ago, Gus said:

Hey J.D , are those AB miniatures? They are awesome miniatures for sure. I have 100's of AB's painted and soem old glory. WIll have to get back to mine some day - I have the Belgians/dutch of Bylandt's brigade from Waterloo in the shed waiting for me (only been 3.5 years)

Look forward to updates on these. Have fun mate.

cheers

Yep, they are AB. Awesome figures and we are really lucky to have them local - I know people pay top dollar overseas with the postage and exchange rate. I'm still a bit of a Klutz with painting "teenie weenies" as my wife calls them, figures smaller than 28mm 

• Like 1

Well done BIG and b20f08. Nicely painted models and now you can add them to your "done" pile. I still yet to start even after a long weekend (procrastination is a strength of mine it seems - lol). Thanks for sharing .

Hey J.D - how are you going with those lovely AB minis mate? Any luck.

cheers

On 3/3/2023 at 3:53 PM, mikewicked said:

Lord of Change, which is currently in it's liquid state...

Had a lot of issues actually printing this - it's wings in particular failed 3-4 times, but today i was finally able to find time to pin and glue the model together - hopefully now i'll get some time to paint this before the end of the month:
jF1AK46.jpg

I'm struggling a bit for a paint-scheme though too. I've got a good/weird idea for the base, but i'm not really sure what to try for the model itself.

if not - Bloodthirster is complete:
Yj5oS8q.jpg

and waiting on the bases to arrive from AliExpress for my Great Unclean One:
aZHYXZ9.jpg

i also really hope this guy adds the Keeper of Secrets (or any Slaanesh daemons) out soon, to complete the set.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone who tried and managed to get stuff done. Managed to pull a big Friday night and got most of my Perry French dragoons sorted. Added some flock since the photo but calling these bad boys done - been in my in-tray for far too long. have 24 point of  Frenchies for Rebels and Patriots - onto the brits soon to face them. Sorry for the naff photo but they are painted finally (also forgot bugler should have revers colours but going to ignore that for the moment).

cheers all

take care everyone  and enjoy your hobby time when you can get at it.

image.thumb.jpeg.1f4bbf9b482e0174c76218ca28127204.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 11:18 PM, mikewicked said:

Bloodthirster is complete

ah, this is where i posted the lightbox pic of the Bloodthirster. 🙂

Anyway - base arrived for my Great Unclean one, so after playing around with PVA and Super-glue, got it finished:
Q76whZ0.jpg

and also calling the Lord of Change finished too - the colours don't really pop in the photos, but i'm pretty happy with it:
iaXe8TC.jpg

pretty productive month for the ol' hobby for me - it's rare i get this much done, and if it wasn't for the Diablo 4 Beta for 2 weekends, i might've gotten even more done. 😛 

• Like 2