Iron Harvest Studio - Various projects

2 hours ago, korocite said:

They look fantastic. I love the amount of effort you have put into the bases. A question for you, is the tarp covering the back of the truck done with a gloss finish? Going for the wet look?

not deliberately - I just havent put down the matte varnish on it 🙂

• 2 months later...

yeah, seems to be a 1941-42 eastern front thing. As best as I can tell, the strips were reversible and buttoned on to the snowsuits. Each day an order went out as to whether it was red or black side out, so if you saw someone with no stripes or the wrong colour for the day you looked at them very hard.....down the sights of a weapon. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, b20f08 said:

What printer are you using. I need to update mine but am ignorant of what's available on the market at the moment.

Nice minis. Are they your own design or downloaded from elsewhere?

Looks like a Creality of some kind based on the logo.  I'd guess either a CR10 or an Ender 3

It's the Ender 5 pro. The minis are mostly the Burgman 1:100 ones upscaled to 1:56, although the halftrack is a bit of a Frankensteins monster made out of bits and pieces of different files. I'm yet to do the surface finishing on them as I'm all out of wet n dry sandpaper, so they still look a little rough.

Edited by J.D.Entropy

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished basing my Legionaries today - pretty much the only things I've painted in a year that I'll get to keep. Cue much wailing and gnashing of teeth trying to get a decent photo. Apparently photographing multiple small shiny objects is notoriously difficult as it confuses all the camera sensors. 

20210708_163149.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 months later...